Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Don't Believe My Eyes

I try to write about things that are touching me in an everyday kind of way. I sit here staring at the screen with a dull throb in my temples at what I have just read.
The people I help to elect here in Florida have just made me think I must be in California. MY elected officals have started a bill that if passed, will make the corrections officers in the state prisons be responsible for disposing of used condoms. No I did not stutter. USED condoms. If I understand, http://www.flsenate.gov/data/session/2009/Senate/bills/billtext/pdf/s0188.pdf, I am going to be giving condoms to convicts. Does not matter what organization or non-profit...it will be my money buying the condoms. I am not sure but I thought one of the reason the PRISONER is in PRISON was to curtail certain freedoms. Having sex is one of them. I also thought prisoners were not allowed to have sex in PRISON. I know it is going to happen...I know it is not consensual sex. It is homosexual non-consensual rape. I know that in PRISON rape is the only way the PRISONERS will have sex. But for me to be forced to buy the condom? I can see it now...Wink,Wink as a guard tells some PRISONER you can't do that, wink,wink, but here is a box of condoms,wink,wink, you can't wear them, wink,wink, and here is a bag to put them in so I can pick them up later...WE JUST GAVE THE CONVICT PERMISSION TO RAPE ANOTHER CONVICT!!! Did I fall asleep and wake up in a nightmare? How did I wake up to find that MY elected officials are wanting to give convicts permission to perfect ways of raping other men??? Imagine how good they will be at it when they get out in 20 years? Bet they won't have any problems with your little 10yr old. or my 24yr old. or your grandmother...or you!
I would like to recommend that every one of the legislators who vote to pass this bill be willing to spend a week in any prison to see if it works o.k. You know hands on experience.
WOW do we ever need to live behind our shield and have a hedge surround us.

No comments:

Post a Comment